The iron cross was found on the Western Bank of the Volga river near the village of Tumak. In this place there was a small temporary camp for prisoners of war, by german soldiers who captured before the end of the battle of Stalingrad. It was a few Germans who managed to visit the West Bank of the Volga (as prisoners of war). After the battle for Stalingrad this cross was picked up by the civilians of the nearby village "Krasnaya Sloboda"
The helmet was found during excavations in the fall of 2016 in the field South of the village of Noviy Rogachik. Helmet signed by the owner. A shrapnel wound in the occipital part. Beside the helmet were found a lot of bullets with a caliber of 7.92 (Mauser 98k)
Product description: The helmet was picked up by the civilians of the village of Korotoyak (Voronezh oblast). The helmet was found between the village of Korotoyak and Uryv. In this place suffered a big loss 2 the Hungarian army. After the war, this helmet has been converted into a scoop. And was used by the resident of the village of Korotoyak in economic needs as a scoop in the bath and in the well. Helmet size 64
Iron cross from personal collection. According to the collector this cross was sold by the son of a soldier of the 62nd Soviet army, fought at Stalingrad in 1942. This soldier in November 1942 he was seriously wounded and therefore no longer participated in the Second world war, but from Stalingrad, he took on the memory of a few trophies (one of them was this iron cross class 2).